SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE VARIOUS EVENTS!
Everyone is welcome at the BROADWELL AND DONNINGTON FETE
Save the Date for ‘Cosmic Slime!’, Fun, Food and Fete!
Broadwell and Donnington are joining forces for a traditional summer Fete on Saturday 17th June from 12 Noon to 4 p.m. on Broadwell Village Green (GL56 0UF).
Plenty of FREE parking and entrance is FREE
‘We are planning a fun summer’s day out with traditional stalls, crazy ‘cosmic slime’ scientific experiments for kids, our famous Duck Races and an amazing Dog Show, lots of good food and drink and plenty of places to sit, relax and take it all in. Saxophonist, Gary Horne, is coming along to ‘party’ the atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends – and your dog!‘
A host of events will run from 12 Noon to 4 p.m.
- crazy scientific demonstrations by Atomic Science www.atomicscience.org at 1.30 and 3 p.m. for kids, involving ‘cosmic slime’!
- Our famous Duck Races start at 12.30 p.m.
- the fun Dog Show, with numerous classes (entry from 12 Noon onwards) at 1.30 p.m.
- Children’s Races
- Best Jam, Best Chutney, Best Cake, Best Piece of Art competitions
- Coconut Shy
- Jousting Horse for children
- ‘Splat the Rat’
- ‘Welly Wanging’
- Tug o’War
- Raw Egg Throwing/Catching!
- Local Donnington Artist’s work/book signing/colouring for children
- Craft Stalls – jewellery, gifts, etc.
- Cakes for Sale
- Pimms and Drinks
- Fox Inn pub beside the Green open all day
- BBQ with burgers and hotdogs
- Quiche and salad
- Cream Teas
- Strawberries and Donnington Holmleigh Dairy Cream
- Ice Creams and Lollies
- And lots, lots more …..
And … take a stroll to Broadwell’s beautiful 12th Century church of St. Paul’s which, decorated for a wedding, will be open to visitors.